Sorcero is a DC-based enterprise knowledge and learning startup developing and deploying novel hybrid AI architectures to support just-in-time point-of-pain interactive organizational learning. We are looking for early-stage inventor-developers to join our scientific and technical staff. This is an opportunity to work with MIT Media Lab senior scientists engaging with high-profile enterprise customers to create something genuinely new and significant.
Sorcero is currently seeking a Software Engineer, Artificial Intelligence (or what we like to call an Apprentice AI Wizard) to help lead the buildout of our Artificial Intelligence stack and knowledge platform and support our CTO on shipping our AI contextualization and optimization engine. You will work with our in-house and contracted platform development team, and work with our technology team to build a ground-breaking knowledge platform.
We are looking for an engineer as passionate as we are about transforming how learning is delivered and employment success is achieved.
Not to be negative, but don’t waste your time if:
- you just want to apply off-the-shelf AI tools to existing data sets;
- you’ve never tried to read the code of an application or library to either (a) fix it or (b) understand how it did something;
- As our Software Engineer, NLP, you will be responsible for building our knowledge and learning platform, integrations with major software services, and development of advanced capability modules or service level applications.
- Managing source-code version control discipline (Git) and overseeing code delivery into our projects, testing, and deployment. We are looking for someone with strong engineering discipline and a pragmatic focus on delivering functional code, not allegiance to any one language.
- We value creativity, the hacker ethos, the near-obsessive focus on building something that will make the future come a bit closer into focus, and disciplined team leadership.
- This role will report to the CTO. The AI engineer will be based remotely in Mumbai, India but will need to work during business hours on eastern time on some days.
- We are offering a competitive base salary/benefits package and equity.
- Have at least three years (two if you don’t sleep very much) of recent experience in Python
- Are curious and somewhat educated (formally or informally) about cognition and language;
- Have at least a year’s experience with collaborative software development practices (i.e. source control, issues, milestones, code reviews, etc);
- Can work (and have worked) late and/or early under the influence of a deadline or inspiration;
- Can communicate and work well with non-technical or less-technical folks;
- Aren’t afraid of a little math now and then;
- Have just the right amount of ego.
- MSc./PhD in Computer Science, AI or related fields from a top tier university
- Expertise in one or more of the following domains: Natural Language Understanding (NLU) and Natural Language Generation (NLG), Knowledge Base Management Expertise in Graph-Based Knowledge Base Construction
- Strong background in developing Question Answering systems and Multi-Domain Goal-Oriented Dialogue systems
- Proven track record of leading and driving successful product roadmaps and executing on projects, exceeding targets with a minimum of technical debt
- Past participation in the technology role in a prior venture-funded startup
- Self starter who can be productive from the first day
- A sense of humor, and calm under pressure
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send your notes and resumes to [email protected]